Margarite Acne by Plum Flower clears heat, expels toxic heat, cools the blood, softens hardness and benefits the flesh.
• Acute or chronic acne with raised red pimples
• Pustules and hard nodules on the face, neck and upper back
• Skin rashes due to heat-toxins in the Blood that are red or dark red, possibly painful or blistering
• Skin conditions are worse with: excessively sweet, spicy, and fried, oily or greasy foods
• Heat conditions may be accompanied by excess thirst, dark urine, constipation
Ingredients (Pin Yin): Sheng di huang, Jin yin hua, Hai dai, Zhen zhu, Shui niu jiao, Niu huang
Ingredients: Rehmannia glutinosa root-raw, Lonicera japonica flower, Zostera marina herb, Cristaria plicata pearl, Bubalus bubalis horn, Bos taurus domesticus bezoar. Other Ingredients: Maltose, Talcum, Activated carbon, China wax.
TCM Functions: Clears Heat, Cools the Blood, Softens Hardness, Benefits the Flesh
Standard Dosage: 5 pills, 3 x per day
Clinical Dosage: Administer half an hour before or one hour after eating. In the initial phases, dosage may be increased to 6-9 pills 3 times per day, then reduced to a maintenance dose as the formula takes effect. May be used medium-term for a few weeks to a few months. Once the acute symptoms of this condition are resolved, this formula should be combined as needed with an appropriate constitutional formula. Monitor for signs of Spleen Qi deficiency.
Contraindications (all): Contraindicated during pregnancy. Use with caution in Spleen deficient patients with a tendency to loose stools, diarrhea, poor appetite or chronic digestive weakness. Use with caution during heavy menstrual bleeding.