Akebia Moist Heat Man Yue Mei Clearing
Cranberry Herbal Supplement
Formerly known as Akebia Moist Heat
1. Treats urinary tract infection or inflammation accompanied by frequent and
2. Relieves factors related to bladder stones, kidney infection, painful or difficult
urination, pelvic inflammatory disease, and prostatitis, cystitis, vaginitis.
Chinese Therapeutic Effects
· Clears fire and toxins in the lower burner
· Drains dampness (diuretic)
Internal: 3 capsules, TID, between meals
For acute conditions, 3 capsules every 4 hours
90 capsules, 650mg
Contraindications: Man Yue Mei Clearing (formerly known as Akebia Moist Heat) is a shortterm
formula. Weak patients may need a tonic along with the formula.
· Cranberry fruit* (man yue mei)
· Corn silk (yu mi xi)
· Indian Plantain seed husk (che qian zi)
· Uva-Ursi leaf* (xiong guo)
· Japanese Knotwood root (hu zhang)
· Garlic bulb* (da suan)
· Achyranthes root* (niu xi)
· Gardenia fruit* (zhi zi)
· Dandelion root* (pu gong ying)
· Licorice root* (gan cao)
· Costus root* (mu xiang)
· Chinese Rhubarb rhizome* (zhi da huang)
Cranberry (man yue mei) enters the kidney, bladder, and large intestine; it promotes urination
and drains heat. Corn silk (yu mi xi), Indian plantain (che qian zi), and uva ursi (xiong guo) relieve
damp heat and assist in passing stones. Magnesium is an electrolyte and plays a critical role in
kidney detoxification; it can reduce the risk of forming kidney stones. Garlic (da suan) resolves
toxicity, strengthens the spleen, and reduces stagnation. Japanese knotweed (hu zhang) treats heat
and supports the bladder, kidneys, and liver. Achyranthes (niu xi) invigorates the blood and Qi.
Gardenia (zhi zi) is one of the premier heat-clearing herbs in the Materia Medica; it also treats
irritability, restlessness, and insomnia. Licorice (gan cao) is included for its harmonizing and
detoxification actions. Costus (mu xiang) was added to the classic Ba Zheng San formula by ancient
herbalist Zhu Dan Xi, to strengthen the transforming function of the bladder meridian. Chinese
rhubarb (zhi da huang), removes heat through the stool.
1. Practitioners report this formula to be very effective in treating urinary tract infections.
Formula should be continued at a reduced dosage for 1 to 2 weeks after symptoms are alleviated.
2. May be useful for lung inflammation, or inflammation associated with emotional stress.
· See also Unlocking.
· Isatis Cooling Formula for urinary tract inflammation and leukorrhea.
· Use Clearing as a long-term follow up to Man Yue Mei Clearing (formerly known as Akebia
· Moist Heat) for individuals who have chronic UTI or vaginitis.