Guang Ci Tang - Zhuang Gu Xiao Ci Pian, Tablets - 200 Tablets
FREE SHIPPING on All Orders!
BoneVigor™ (Zhuang Gu Xiao Ci Pian, ?????) is a Chinese herbal medicine formulated to support healthy bone density.† The Chinese medicine may help increase bone strength and stop bone loss commonly seen in postmenopausal women and older men.
Osteoporosis is a bone disease marked by the reduced bone mass density (BMD) and the degenerative bone microstructure. Osteoporosis itself does not necessarily show any specific symptom but it renders the body at a much bigger risk of bone fractures (e.g., hip, wrist, spine) due to the poor bone structure. A common sign of osteoporosis is curvature or shortened stature in older people, or even hunchback. Osteoporosis may also cause pain on the back and in the limbs. Osteoporosis is the result of an imbalance between the opposite bone resorption and bone formation. In the body, bone undergoes a constant turnover in which osteoclast cells remove its mineralized matrix whereas osteoblast cells deposit the new bone matrix. As we age, bone resorption becomes more dominant over bone formation and thus leads to bone loss. For example, estrogen has a function in inhibiting bone resorption and lack of estrogen (e. g., as a result of menopause) thus increases the loss of bone matrix.
In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), bones are governed by the kidneys, a primary source of essence of life and of the Yin and Yang energy. Thus, a strong kidney function provides ample nutrients that promote a robust formation of bones. When the kidney function is weakened, bone loss outpaces bone formation and causes osteoporosis. Consequently, strengthening the kidney function is considered to be a main principle in TCM to treat osteoporosis. Although it is to be interpreted by modern biomedical studies, Chinese herbal formulas that follow the principle have shown satisfactory results in stopping bone loss and increasing bone mass in clinical studies in China. BoneVigor is our signature formula that follows the principle for bone health.
• Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea fruit) tonifies the kidneys, strengthens the Yang energy, reserves the essence. In studies of osteoporosis animal models, Psoralea extracts increase serum calcium levels and decrease urinary calcium excretion, reduce bone loss and lead to the gain in bone mineral density.1 A compound isolated from Psoralea is further found to inhibit the formation of osteoclasts, the cells that resorb the bone matrix;2
• Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria) nourishes the kidneys and is well known among Chinese medicines for its property in promoting healing of bones after injury. In studies of osteoporosis animal models, Drynaria extracts can significantly increase bone mineral density and promotes bone-forming osteoblast differentiation and mineralization;3,4
• Du Zhong (Eucommia) is a popular tonic for both the liver and the kidneys. The Chinese herb is well recognized for strengthening bones and tendons and is commonly used for lower back pain and joint pain. Extracts prepared from Eucommia have been shown to prevent bone loss from postmenopausal animals;5
• Xu Duan (Dipsacus) is another Chinese herb that tonifies both the liver and the kidneys and strengthens the bones. Its extracts are also found to promote bone formation in experimental animals;
• Tu Si Zi (Cuscuta seed) invigorates the kidneys and nourishes the liver and the bone marrow. Cuscuta seed extracts are shown to promote differentiation and mineralization of human osteoblast cells;6
• Shu Di (Rehmannia root) nourishes the Yin energy and tonifies the blood;
• Bai Shao (White Paeony root) nourishes the blood, harmonizes the liver and relieves the pain;
• Dan Shen (Salvia) promotes blood circulation and removes blood stasis. Blood stasis is often associated with osteoporosis in the pattern diagnosis of TCM. Indeed, Dan Shen extracts are able to prevent bone loss caused by ovary removal in animal models;7
INGREDIENTS What is the formula composition? A proprietary blend of Herba Epimedii Grandiflori Fructus Psoraleae Corylifoliae Rhizoma Drynariae Cortex Eucommiae Ulmoidis Radix Dipsaci Asperi Semen Cuscutae Chinensis Radix Rehmanniae Preparata Radix Paeoniae Lactiflorae Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae Rhizoma Anemarrhenae Asphodeloidis (Yin Yang Huo) (Bu Gu Zhi) (Gu Sui Bu) (Du Zhong) (Xu Duan) (Tu Si Zi) (Shu Di Huang) (Bai Shao) (Dan Shen) (Zhi Mu)
What is Available? Guang Ci Tang® Zhuang Gu Xiao Ci Pian (BoneVigor™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets @ 5:1 strength.
At a true 5:1 concentration, this product represents the most potent form of Zhuang Gu Xiao Ci Pian on the market. One tablet is equal to 1 gram of raw herb.
BoneVigor™ is a Guang Ci Tang signature formula.
Zhuang Gu Xiao Ci Pian tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency. A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula, and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets, which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe. The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang® in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang® products, you are taking advantage of a wonderful fusion of science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today. GUANG CI TANG® ADVANTAGES Effective. Safe. Affordable True 5:1 concentration Double the strength of other brands Minimal or no fillers and binders No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.) Made in a cGMP certified facility Unbeatable value Safely used in the USA since 1995
Check for an independent US lab test report.
HOW DO I USE IT? Take 6 tablets each time, 2 to 3 times daily. One bottle lasts users about 11 to 16 days. As the herbal formula is a mild tonic, results may only be noticeable after 1 month. It is suggested to take 4 to 6 bottles in full dose as the first regimen. The dose may then be reduced.
Differentiation in Usage Side Effects BoneVigor has been safely used with few adverse effects when it is used as directed. Warning Allergy Info BoneVigor™ is gluten free